In your endeavor to find the best roof for your home, you might have considered a metal roof. Is a metal roof right for your home, though? To know that, you need to know what draws and drawbacks this roofing option has to offer.
Before you get too hasty to select or reject a metal roof for your home, take a minute to read through this article. In it, we present the major pros and cons that this roofing option offers, and with this information, you'll be able to make the best choice as you consider whether to get a metal roof.
Metal Roof Cons
While a metal roof doesn't have that many deal-breaking downsides, it does offer a few things that may make you reconsider this roofing option. Before you decide that a metal roof is the way to go, you need to be aware of the following drawbacks that one has to offer:
- High Cost - A new roof at any price is going to set you back quite a bit, so for a metal roof to stick out in terms of costliness is certainly worth noting. Costing up to two or even three times as much as other roof types, this option may not appeal to the more budget-conscious among you.
- Some Performance Issues - A metal roof generally gives great results. However, it does offer some performance issues that are worth noting. They can be noisy, for one thing. For another, their panels might expand and retract, and over time, this problem can lead to loose panels and leaks.
Metal Roof Pros
If you got through those cons and determined that they're not quite as bad as you thought, then you may actually be sold on a metal roof. To know for sure if you are, you just need to know what one brings to the table for your home. We're happy to report that a metal roof brings quite a bit to enjoy:
- Longevity - Having to replace your roof is a costly and sometimes drawn-out process that you'll surely not want to experience anytime soon. If you're looking to avoid a roof replacement in the near future, you need to invest in a metal roof. With its excellent longevity, a metal roof will give you many years of reliable use.
- Durability - Your roof is bound to take quite a beating from the elements over time, and this beating can leave your roof looking bad and functioning badly. If you're looking for a hearty roof option that will stand strong in the face of all that Mother Nature has to throw at it, you need to look no further than a metal roof.
- Energy Efficiency - You may feel overwhelmed by your monthly bills so overwhelmed, in fact, that you're looking for a way to manage any of them in any way. If that's so, you need to take advantage of your roof replacement. By opting to replace your old one with an energy-efficient metal roof, you can reduce your electric bills by a significant margin.
Call Our Roofing Company for Your Metal Roof Needs
Are you ready for a roof replacement with a brand new metal one? If you are, go ahead and give Tri-County Roofing & Gutters a call today. Our experienced roofing contractors offer quality work that will allow you to fully enjoy the benefits that this roofing option has to offer.